I'm going to have to ask you to trust me on this one. Raspberry jam and roasted beets? Together?? Yes. As odd as it sounds, raspberries and beets have an affinity for one another.
The idea for these easy Roasted Beet and Raspberry Skyr Parfaits came from an article on yogurt toppings from Eating Well magazine. I'm always looking for new ways to jazz up my morning granola and skyr routine and was particularly intrigued by this one. What could make for a more Nordic breakfast than beets and skyr?
After giving this very simple idea a try, I was hooked. Earthy beets and sweet-tart raspberry preserves are a magical combination, and a perfect compliment to creamy skyr and crunchy granola. A winning (and easy) Scandi breakfast any day of the week!
Plan on roasting and chopping the beets ahead of time (you'll find instructions on how to do so in the recipe below) so that in the morning you can just pull out what you need, add your raspberry preserves and breakfast is served. I've written the recipe for two parfaits, but if you are only making one for yourself, plan on a heaping quarter cup of beets to 1 tablespoon of jam.
I really hope you give these unusual but OH SO delicious Roasted Beet and Raspberry Skyr Parfaits a try. I think you'll agree...this unlikely duo was made for each other.
Roasted Beet and Raspberry Skyr Parfaits
- ¾ cup chopped roasted beets see note below
- 2 heaping tablespoons raspberry jam or preserves
- Plain skyr Icelandic yogurt or greek yogurt
- Nordic Morning Granola or other granola of your choice
- Toss beets with raspberry jam.
- To assemble parfaits, put a generous scoop of yogurt in the bottom of a bowl, glass or jar. Top with half the beet mixture and a sprinkle of granola. Repeat with second parfait. Serve.
Leave a Reply