This Simple Roasted Salmon with Cucumber-Radish Relish is just the thing to help us ease our way from spring into summer. Cucumbers, radishes and scallions are tossed with a bit of prepared horseradish to create a delicious and easy relish to serve alongside roasted salmon filets. Seriously elegant and it comes together in less than thirty minutes. That's my kind of meal!
This recipe is adapted from one that I clipped from an issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine back in 2012. Eight years ago! Normally recipes that I save for that long without trying them would be more likely to get tossed than made. But there was something so delightfully Nordic about this recipe, not to mention it's simplicity and lovely presentation, I kept it thinking I would eventually get around to making it "someday".
Last weekend that "someday" finally arrived, and I'm so glad it did! What a lovely salmon supper this is. I've made very few changes to the original recipe when adapting it for the blog, but I did double the amount of relish. It is SO fresh and tasty with the salmon, you are not going to want to skimp!
I highly recommend serving this Roasted Salmon with Cucumber-Radish Relish alongside this Warm Barley Salad with Fresh Garden Herbs. They are a perfect match for one another. Add some roasted asparagus and you've got a simply elegant meal that is doable any night of the week.
I hope you'll add this Roasted Salmon with Cucumber-Radish Relish to your meal rotation sometime soon! I know you'll be glad you did. If you give it a try, please let me know in the comments below. I always love hearing from you!
Simple Roasted Salmon with Cucumber-Radish Relish
- 4 6- ounce skin-on salmon filets skinned salmon filets work just fine, too
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled and seeded cucumber
- ½ cup diced radishes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper. Brush salmon with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until salmon is just cooked through, about 10-13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine radishes, cucumber and scallions together in a medium bowl. Stir in horseradish and remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove salmon from the baking sheet using a thin spatula, leaving the skin behind. Serve immediately with Cucumber-Radish Relish.
Leave a Reply