What is a creamy vegetable soup without something toasty and cheesy to go with it? This sandwich is as delicious as it is easy to prepare and makes an excellent companion to a bowl of Creamy Asparagus Soup on a cool April evening. Briny olives, tangy sun-dried tomatoes and mild goat cheese come together to bring a little unexpected pizazz to an easy weeknight soup and sandwich supper. Add a chilled glass of white wine and maybe some strawberries for dessert and you’ve got yourself some serious spring hygge.Print
Toasted Goat Cheese Sandwich with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
An easy but flavor-packed companion to a bowl of Creamy Asparagus Soup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 sandwiches 1x
- Category: sandwich
- Cuisine: Nordic, Scandinavian
8 slices of country or sourdough bread
1 4-ounce package of herbed goat cheese
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
A good handful of olives (I used a mix of green and black greek olives), pitted if necessary
Butter for spreading
- Spread goat cheese liberally onto 4 slices of the bread.
- Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes and olives over goat cheese.
- Cover with a second slice of bread.
- Butter the sides of the bread that are facing the outside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook until they are toasty brown and cheese is warm and melted, flipping occasionally and pressing down with the back of a spatula to ensure that the buttered bread is making contact with the skillet.
Keywords: spring, goat cheese, sandwich, olives, sun-dried tomatoes