What is a creamy vegetable soup without something toasty and cheesy to go with it? This sandwich is as delicious as it is easy to prepare and makes an excellent companion to a bowl of Creamy Asparagus Soup on a cool April evening. Briny olives, tangy sun-dried tomatoes and mild goat cheese come together to bring a little unexpected pizazz to an easy weeknight soup and sandwich supper. Add a chilled glass of white wine and maybe some strawberries for dessert and you've got yourself some serious spring hygge.
Toasted Goat Cheese Sandwich with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
- 8 slices of country or sourdough bread
- 1 4- ounce package of herbed goat cheese
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil chopped
- A good handful of olives I used a mix of green and black greek olives, pitted if necessary
- Butter for spreading
- Spread goat cheese liberally onto 4 slices of the bread.
- Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes and olives over goat cheese.
- Cover with a second slice of bread.
- Butter the sides of the bread that are facing the outside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook until they are toasty brown and cheese is warm and melted, flipping occasionally and pressing down with the back of a spatula to ensure that the buttered bread is making contact with the skillet.