Looking for an easy, creamy sauce that will add BIG flavor to just about any savory dish? This 3 Ingredient Horseradish Sauce is for you! This simple sauce is tangy, cool and bit spicy thanks to the horseradish, and it makes a delicious compliment to grilled meats, fish or vegetables.
The best part of this Horseradish Yogurt Sauce is that it literally takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and it only contains 3 ingredients and a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Ready to jazz up your meals in a simple and impactful way? Let's make 3 Ingredient Horseradish Yogurt Sauce!
Why This Recipe Works
- The tangy yogurt and spicy horseradish compliment each other perfectly.
- Tender fresh chives add flavor and bit of vegetal crunch.
- It compliments a variety of savory dishes and is incredibly versatile.
As promised, there are only 3 ingredients plus a little salt and pepper to taste:
- Plain Greek yogurt forms the creamy base of the sauce. Full fat Greek yogurt makes an especially rich and spectacular sauce but any plain Greek yogurt will do. Icelandic skyr also makes an excellent (and Nordic) stand in for the Greek yogurt here.
- Prepared horseradish contributes its signature spicy flavor to the sauce. You can also use freshly grated horseradish here, but the results might be a bit spicer than with the prepared horseradish from a jar.
- Finally, chives bring a welcome herbal note to the sauce. You could use any soft green herb here in place of the chives. Fresh dill and/or parsley would be especially nice!
For the full list of ingredients and their exact proportions, scroll down to the recipe card below!
How to Make This Recipe
Simply combine the yogurt, horseradish sauce and chives together in a small bowl and stir together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. SO easy!
- If you want the sauce to be spicer or less spicy, simply vary the amount of horseradish in the recipe accordingly.
Yes, it will keep well tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a quick stir before serving?
Replace the chives with chopped fresh dill, parsley or green onions or use freshly grated horseradish in place of the prepared horseradish. You can also use sour cream or creme fraiche in place of the yogurt for a slightly richer version of this sauce.
Check out the section below for serving suggestions!
How to Serve Horseradish Yogurt Sauce
This sauce makes an excellent accompaniment to grilled or roasted meats such as beef, lamb, pork or chicken. It also goes well with fish, especially salmon. Consider putting a dollop of it on a roast beef or smoked salmon sandwich. Or serve it as a dip with vegetables. It is also very nice with boiled potatoes!
Looking for more delicious Scandinavian inspired sauce recipes? Give these a try:
3 Ingredient Horseradish Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish more to taste
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine yogurt, chives and horseradish together in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you loved this recipe, give it a star review! Also, snap a picture of your 3 Ingredient Horseradish Yogurt Sauce and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #truenorthkitchen and tagging me @true_north_kitchen.