I'm always looking for new ways to put lingonberries to good use in my kitchen, particularly lingonberry preserves as I always have a jar in the fridge. We all know that lingonberry preserves are wonderful alongside Swedish meatballs or on top of Swedish pancakes, but did you know that they make a wonderful homemade vinaigrette?
Say hello to your new favorite Nordic-inspired salad dressing. Tangy and mustardy with just the right amount of zip, this Lingonberry Vinaigrette is a perky addition to just about any salad situation.
There are only four ingredients in this Lingonberry Vinaigrette, most of which you probably already have on hand:
- Lingonberry preserves
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Simply whisk together (see below for instructions) and season with salt and pepper. That's it! You are ready to pour this tangy vinaigrette over a bowl of fresh greens and get tossing.
How to Make a Vinaigrette at Home
Once you learn how to make vinaigrette at home, you will be hard-pressed to go back to the store bought variety. It's that good and that simple. There is just a bit of technique involved that will ensure a smooth, homogenous dressing every time:
- Combine the vinegar, preserves and mustard together in a small bowl. Whisk throgouhly to combine.
- Slowly, in a steady stream, add the olive oil while you continuously whisk the mixture together. This will help the vinaigrette emulsify and keep the oil from separating from the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
That's all there is to it! Your vinaigrette will keep nicely in the fridge for a few days stored in an airtight container. Simply give it a shake before you are ready to serve and it's good to go.
I hope you give this delicious Lingonberry Vinaigrette a try! I think you'll love the way this tangy, tasty dressing brings a little Nordic life to your everyday salads. Looking for more Scandinavian-inspired salad ideas? Check these out:
- Summer Harvest Barley Salad with Corn, Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Creamy Cucumber Salad with Lemon and Dill
- Herbed New Potato Salad with Pickled Golden Beets and Capers
- Warm Barley Salad with Fresh Garden Herbs
- Kale Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Pecans
- Grilled Summer Squash Salad with Rye Berries and Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Pickled Beet Salad
- Springtime Barley Salad with Asparagus, Red Pepper and Spinach
- Golden Beets with Arugula, Lightly Pickled Shallots, Rye Berries and Herbed Skyr Sauce
And if you make this recipe, please let me know in the comments below what you thought! I always love hearing from you.Print
A tangy and delicious everyday vinaigrette made with lingonberry preserves.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: ¼ cup
- Category: salads
- Method: cook
- Cuisine: Nordic, Scandinavian
- Diet: Vegetarian
1 tablespoon lingonberry preserves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Salad greens for serving
- Combine lingonberry preserves, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream while continuously whisking the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens and serve.
Keywords: lingonberry, vinaigrette, salad, dressing